This interactive session provides participants with an introductory overview of the different ways of raising money from individuals for their projects such as online giving platforms, Gift Aid and running lotteries and quiz type activities at events.
Participants will begin to explore how to collect money from individuals that are appropriate to the work of their group, organisational capacity, and to help widen their funding base.
Recently updated for 2018, this session is part of our new series 'Is it for me?' which are introductory sessions aimed at helping groups diversify their income streams.
Date: Thursday 1st March 2018
Venue: SYCF, Riverside Works, Jessop Riverside, 800 Brightside Lane, Sheffield, S9 2RX
Time: 9.00 – 12.30
Cost: £40.00 per person
Sheffield voluntary and community groups: £10 per person (maximum 2 places per group)
This session will help you:
• Think about who your supporters are and could be
• Gain an overview of the different ways you can raise donations from individuals
• Find sources of advice for legal requirements of raising money by individual donations
• Explore how gift aid can be used by your organisation
• Understand the importance of building and retaining relationships with a donor
• Begin to make a plan to gain individual donations
This sesision is aimed at those new to the concept of raising donations from individuals.
You need to book a place via the SYFAB website here.
Sheffield voluntary and community sector organisations
A selection of our training sessions, which focus on different types of funding, are subsidised by Sheffield City Council for voluntary and community groups whose work benefits Sheffield residents. Sessions that are eligible for this subsidy will be highlighted under the ‘Cost’ section on the booking page. Eligible groups can access two subsidised places per session. Places are limited and bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received.