No one wants to read the same content all the time; that is one way to disengage your audience. We recommend putting a plan together, allowing yourself time to think creatively in order to curate content and stories people will engage with. The SYFAB session Social Media Strategy Master Class (virtual classroom can help you put a plan togther:
Is this session for you?
Please take this short quiz...
• Can you log into social media platforms used by your organisation?
• Do you know the basics of operating each platform that is relevant for your organisation?
And most of all…
• Are you at the point where you need to gather all the work you do on social media and create a social media strategy?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all questions this session is for you.
*If you answered ‘no’ to any question and are not familiar with the use of social media, you can watch a free recording of our beginner’s webinar Introduction to social media in your fundraising here which will be more suitable for you. This intermediate course does not cover basic or general functionality.
This interactive intermediate level session supports you to develop a social media strategy for your organisation/project, considering your capabilities and capacity.
The session also aims to develop your understanding of how social media tools can support the work you do, including widening your reach using pay-for-advertising (more affordable than you may think) and understanding the basics of how scheduling and analytical tools can help you work more effectively.
We are delighted to have guest tutor Lou Mycroft, a social media ninja and digital pioneer, facilitating this session and sharing her top tips (please see @loumycroft and https://uk.linkedin.com/in/loumycroft)
So how does it work?
• The session will use Zoom to create a virtual classroom, where presentations and group interactive discussions will take place, just like they do in a traditional classroom
• You will use time to work independently to begin developing a social media strategy for your own organisation, that reflects your organisation’s capabilities and capacity
• There will also be 2 coaching sessions of 10 minutes each; one focused on your social media questions, and one focused on your strategy
• If there are multiple members of an organisation in attendance, they will share the 2 coaching sessions; this is to encourage shared organisational learning
• Access to a padlet of resources
• Time scheduled for lunch and breaks.
Lou uses FAB Digital principles to support the development of digital meta-skills, enabling digital resilience and a growth in digital confidence.
• This session is suitable for those that already understand which social media channels are relevant for their organisation and how they work
• You will need to come prepared with log in codes and passwords for the platforms set up for your organisation.
This session will help you:
• Develop digital confidence and resilience
• Explore the basics of scheduling, pay-for advertising and analytics
• Deepen your practice around self-identified organisational needs
• Identify opportunities for training others
• Begin to develop a social media strategy for the organisation, considering your capabilities and capacity.
Date: Wednesday 15th December 2021
Time: 10am - 3:15pm
Cost: £80 per person
Sheffield voluntary and community groups: £40 per person (maximum 2 places per group):
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £160 per person
Location: Zoom Virtual Classroom
Details of how to join the session will be emailed out the day before the training session to the email provided upon booking.
If you have never used Zoom before there is a useful online guide to it here.
Previous Zoom Virtual Classroom participants said:
“I have learnt so much from today's session, I will be taking onboard feedback from the team about our current social media pages. I will be adding in a lot of the information we have been given into our social media strategy. and looking at how to streamline my processes”
“I couldn't imagine how it would work but it was so well structured and organized, well-paced and a good balance of 1:1, group time and time to plan”
“I often feel I don't get actual things done on courses, just theory, so it was great to get that today”
“I feel that my knowledge has expanded with regards to social media tools and platforms. Some great suggestions”
“The virtual classroom has been great and has been executed really well”
“Well paced, thought I would be Zoomed out be the end (I'm not)”
“Great training and fantastic support”
You must book a place through our website. Please add the email address you would like the Zoom invite sent to.
*Places on the session are limited; we will open up further dates if there is the demand. To register your interest in future sessions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for full event details