Focusing on content rather than technology, this introductory session will help you take the first steps to think creatively and realistically about your organisations approach to communication, engagement and relationship maintenance, whilst considering how this fits in with the work you are already doing.
We are excited to be working with guest tutor Andy Kershaw, a former BBC Broadcast journalist and presenter with 19 years’ experience. Andy is now a freelance journalist and media trainer.
By the end of the session, you will start drawing up a plan of how to engage with your different supporters in line with your organisations capabilities and capacity.
‘Is it for me?’ series
This session is part of the ‘Is it for me?’ series which are introductory sessions aimed at helping groups diversify their income streams and consider whether a particular fundraising stream is suitable for their organisations capabilities, capacity and whether to investigate further.
So how does it work?
• The session will use Zoom to create a virtual classroom, where presentations and group interactive discussions will take place, just like they do in a traditional classroom
• Access to a padlet of online resources
• Time scheduled for lunch and breaks.
This session will help you:
• Creatively consider how you communicate and engage with your different supporters through the content you produce
• Consider how to maintain relationships with different supporters depending on their motivation and connection with you
• Begin to develop a strategic approach to engaging with your supporters’ long term.
Date: Tuesday 21st June 2022
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Cost: £80.00 per person
Sheffield voluntary and community groups: £40.00 per person (maximum 2 places per group)
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £160.00
Venue: Zoom Virtual Classroom
This is an introductory session aimed at smaller organisations who are new to the concept of supporter engagement or those who have some experience but would like the space to reflect on their practice.
Details of how to join the meeting will be emailed out the day before the training session to the email provided upon booking.
If you have never used Zoom before there is a useful online guide to it here.
Previous Zoom Virtual Classroom participants said:
“Highly recommended session; very engaging and I lost track of time (always a good thing!)”
“Definitely helped me. Lots of really useful, practical ideas to put into practice. I feel that it has revitalised my approach to supporter engagement, and I can't wait to get going"
“It's been really helpful and Andy's practical examples of working with charities combined with his media background was great".
• 100% of Zoom attendees said their knowledge on how to communicate, engage and maintain relationships with their supporters has been improved
• 100% of Zoom attendees said the session improved their confidence to explore different ways to maintain relationships and communicate and engage with supporters
• 100% of Zoom attendees said they learnt something they will put in to practice.
You must book a place through our website. Please register with the email address you would like the Zoom invitation sent to.
*Places on the session are limited; we will open up further dates if there is the demand. To register your interest in future sessions please contact email@example.com
We accept bookings using the following payment methods:
• Online using debit/credit card or Paypal account
The quickest and easiest way to book places is to book and pay instantly online using the online booking system in the box below. Select "Card/Paypal" for this option. Payment can be made by debit or credit card, or through your Paypal account if you have one. Your booking will then be confirmed immediately by email.
• Online followed by BACS
If you prefer to pay by BACS, you can provisionally reserve your place online by selecting "BACS / Cheque" on the payment screen. You then need to make a BACS payment using the details in the reservation email we send you. Please contact us if you are only able to pay by cheque. Once we've received your payment, we will confirm your place by email.
You can download our payment and cancellation terms and conditions here.
Sheffield voluntary and community sector organisations
A selection of our training sessions, which focus on different types of funding, are subsidised by Sheffield City Council for voluntary and community groups whose work benefits Sheffield residents. Sessions that are eligible for this subsidy will be highlighted under the ‘Cost’ section on the booking page. Eligible groups can access two subsidised places per session. Places are limited and bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received.