This interactive session provides you with a broad introductory overview of the different ways of raising money from individuals for your projects such as online giving platforms, Social Media, Gift Aid, lotteries, auctions and quiz type activities at events.
On this course you will begin to explore how to collect money from individuals that are appropriate to the work of your group, organisational capacity, and to help widen your funding base.
This session is an introductory sessions aimed at helping groups diversify their income streams and consider whether a particular fundraising stream is suitable for their organisations capabilities, capacity and whether to investigate further.
So how does it work?
• The session will use Zoom to create a virtual classroom, where presentations and group interactive discussions will take place, just like they do in a traditional classroom
• Access to a padlet of online resources
• Time scheduled for lunch and breaks.
This session will help you:
• Think about who your supporters are and could be
• Gain an overview of the different ways you can raise donations from individuals
• Find sources of advice for legal requirements of raising money by individual donations
• Explore how gift aid can be used by your organisation
• Understand the importance of building and retaining relationships with a donor
• Begin to make a plan to gain individual donations.
Date: Thursday February 22nd 2024
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Cost: £80.00 per person
Sheffield voluntary and community groups: £40.00 per person (maximum 2 places per group)
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £160.00
Venue: Zoom Virtual Classroom
This is an introductory session aimed at those new to the concept of raising donations from individuals.
Details of how to join the meeting will be emailed out the day before the training session to the email provided upon booking.
If you have never used Zoom before there is a useful online guide to it here.
You must book a place through our website. Please register with the email address you would like the Zoom invitation sent to.
*Places on the session are limited; we will open up further dates if there is the demand. To register your interest in future sessions please contact email@example.com
We accept bookings using the following payment methods:
• Online using debit/credit card or Paypal account
The quickest and easiest way to book places is to book and pay instantly online using the online booking system in the box below. Select "Card/Paypal" for this option. Payment can be made by debit or credit card, or through your Paypal account if you have one. Your booking will then be confirmed immediately by email.
• Online followed by BACS
If you prefer to pay by BACS, you can provisionally reserve your place online by selecting "BACS / Cheque" on the payment screen. You then need to make a BACS payment using the details in the reservation email we send you. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept cheques at this time. Once we've received your payment, we will confirm your place by email.
You can download our payment and cancellation terms and conditions here.
£80.00 for non-Sheffield groups. £80.00 for members. £40.00 for Sheffield groups. £160.00 for statutory/individuals.