Is this session for you?
Please take this short quiz...
• Can you log into social media platforms used by your organisation?
• Do you know how to operate each platform relevant for your organisation?
• Are you at the point where you need to gather all the work you do on social media and create a social media strategy?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all questions this session is for you.
*If you answered ‘no’ to any question and are not familiar with the use of social media, our introductory course will be more suitable for you. This intermediate course does not cover basic or general functionality. Please see below for our beginner’s level session, which is a good pre-course to attend.
This intermediate level session aims to develop your understanding of how social media tools can support the work you do, including widening your reach using pay-for-advertising (more affordable than you may think) and understanding how scheduling and analytical tools can help you work more effectively.
We are delighted to have guest tutor Lou Mycroft, a social media ninja and digital pioneer @loumycroft, facilitating this session and sharing her top tips.
This session is designed to allow you to think about your organisation’s needs and potential areas for development and training. Lou will act as a digital nurse, supporting you to explore and experiment within the session.
This session includes time for you to start developing a social media strategy for your own organisation, that reflects your organisation’s capabilities and capacity.
Lou uses FAB (Folded Arms Brigade) principles to support the development of digital meta-skills, enabling digital resilience and a growth in digital confidence.
• This session is suitable for those that already understand what social media channels are relevant for their organisation and how they work.
• You will need to come prepared with log in codes and passwords for the platforms set up for your organisation, including your email password.
• You are required to bring along Smartphones, tablets/iPads or laptops to use within the session as no digital equipment is provided. Free wifi is available.
This session will help you:
• Develop digital confidence and resilience
• Explore scheduling, pay-for advertising and analytics
• Deepen your practice around self-identified organisational needs
• Identify opportunities for workplace continuing professional development (CPD)
• Begin to develop a social media strategy for the organisation, considering your capabilities and capacity.
Date: Wednesday 18th December 2019
Venue: SYCF, Riverside Works, Jessop Riverside, 800 Brightside Lane, Sheffield, S9 2RX
Time: 9.30 – 3.00
Cost: £80.00 per person (includes lunch)
Sheffield voluntary and community groups: £20.00 per person (maximum 2 places per group)
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £160.00 per person
Previous participants have said:
“Very useful pointers to help make better use of social media, and demystify some of the jargon associated with it”
“The ability to ask specific questions relating to our own situation. Made the learning really relevant”
"Usefulness of just being in the room with equipment and time to think/plan”
"How relaxed it was, with plenty of time to try things out and work. It worked really well”
SYFAB training on related themes:
The SYFAB training session Is it for me?... Introduction to social media in your fundraising is a beginner’s introductory session exploring how social media can be used in your fundraising and to engage with potential donors. This session will be delivered on Tuesday 19th November 2019 and is subsidised for Sheffield groups at £10 per person. Visit the SYFAB Training and Events page here to find out more information.
To book a place on any of our courses, you need to book through our website. We accept bookings using the following payment methods:
• Online using debit/credit card or Paypal account
The quickest and easiest way to book places is to book and pay instantly online using the online booking system in the green box below. Select "Card/Paypal" for this option. Payment can be made by debit or credit card, or through your Paypal account if you have one. Your booking will then be confirmed immediately by email.
• Online followed by BACS or cheque payment
If you prefer to pay by BACS or cheque, you can provisionally reserve your place online by selecting "BACS / Cheque" on the payment screen. You then need to either make a BACS payment using the details in the reservation email we send you, or send us your cheque (with your booking reference number on the back). Once we've received your payment we will con-firm your place by email.
Your cheque should be made payable to SOUTH YORKSHIRE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION LTD and posted to:
Unit 9 - 12, Jessops Riverside
800 Brightside Lane
You can download our payment and cancellation terms and conditions here.
Sheffield voluntary and community sector organisations
A selection of our training sessions, which focus on different types of funding, are subsidised by Sheffield City Council for voluntary and community groups whose work benefits Sheffield residents. Sessions that are eligible for this subsidy will be highlighted under the ‘Cost’ section on the booking page. Eligible groups can access two subsidised places per session. Places are limited and bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received.
Click here for full event details