Here are some suggestions to help you create a plan for your social media activity that is engaging:
Free webinar – Introduction to social media in your fundraising
Before you start creating your social media strategy, make sure you are getting the basics right. You can watch a free recording of SYFAB’s beginners webinar Introduction to social media in your fundraising here which we delivered in May 2020. The webinar has lots of top tips and explores how social media can be used in your fundraising and to engage with potential donors. This session is aimed at beginners and those new to using social media in their fundraising.
Although the session was delivered during the first lockdown, the content and messages are still relevant today, however please ignore the evaluation link (that was for the live participants) and please see below for our next Social Media Strategy Mater Class date.
Social Media Strategy Master Class (virtual classroom) - Wednesday 16th December 2020
This interactive intermediate level session supports you to develop a social media strategy for your organisation/project, considering your capabilities and capacity.
The session also aims to develop your understanding of how social media tools can support the work you do, including widening your reach using pay-for-advertising (more affordable than you may think) and understanding the basics of how scheduling and analytical tools can help you work more effectively.
So how does it work?
• The session will use Zoom to create a virtual classroom, where presentations and group interactive discussions will take place, just like they do in a traditional classroom
• You will use time to work independently to begin developing a social media strategy for your own organisation, that reflects your organisation’s capabilities and capacity
• There will also be 2 coaching sessions of 10 minutes each; one focused on your social media questions, and one focused on your strategy
• If there are multiple members of an organisation in attendance, they will share the 2 coaching sessions; this is to encourage shared organisational learning
• Access to a padlet of resources
• Time scheduled for lunch and breaks.
Date: Wednesday 16th December 2020
Time: 10am - 3:15pm
Cost: £80 per person
Sheffield voluntary and community groups: £40 per person (maximum 2 places per group):
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £160 per person
Location: Zoom Virtual Classroom
Previous Zoom Virtual Classroom participants said:
“I have learnt so much from today's session, I will be taking onboard feedback from the team about our current social media pages. I will be adding in a lot of the information we have been given into our social media strategy. and looking at how to streamline my processes”
“I couldn't imagine how it would work but it was so well structured and organised, well-paced and a good balance of 1:1, group time and time to plan”
“I often feel I don't get actual things done on courses, just theory, so it was great to get that today”
“Great training and fantastic support”
To find out more information, or to book a place, please visit the SYFAB Training and events page here.