Is this session for you?
Please take this short quiz...
• Can you log into social media platforms used by your organisation?
• Do you know the basics of operating each platform that is relevant for your organisation?
And most of all…
• Are you at the point where you need to gather all the work you do on social media and create a social media strategy?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all questions this session is for you.
*If you answered ‘no’ to any question and are not familiar with the use of social media, our beginner’s webinar will be more suitable for you. This intermediate course does not cover basic or general functionality.
This interactive intermediate level session supports you to develop a social media strategy for your organisation/project, considering your capabilities and capacity.
The session also aims to develop your understanding of how social media tools can support the work you do, including widening your reach using pay-for-advertising (more affordable than you may think) and understanding the basics of how scheduling and analytical tools can help you work more effectively.
We are delighted to have guest tutor Lou Mycroft, a social media ninja and digital pioneer facilitating this session and sharing her top tips (please see @loumycroft and https://uk.linkedin.com/in/loumycroft)
So how does it work?
• The session will use Zoom to create a virtual classroom, where presentations and group interactive discussions will take place, just like they do in a traditional classroom
• There will be time to work independently to start developing a social media strategy for your own organisation, that reflects your organisation’s capabilities and capacity
• There will also be 2 individual coaching sessions of 10 minutes each (one provided by Lou and one from SYFAB)
• Virtual Café for time to chat together
• An agenda will outline the timings for the day, and yes there is even time scheduled for coffee breaks!
Lou uses FAB Digital principles to support the development of digital meta-skills, enabling digital resilience and a growth in digital confidence.
• This session is suitable for those that already understand which social media channels are relevant for their organisation and how they work.
• You will need to come prepared with log in codes and passwords for the platforms set up for your organisation.
This session will help you:
• Develop digital confidence and resilience
• Explore the basics of scheduling, pay-for advertising and analytics
• Deepen your practice around self-identified organisational needs
• Identify opportunities for training others
• Begin to develop a social media strategy for the organisation, considering your capabilities and capacity.
Date: Wednesday 20th May 2020
Time: 10am – 3pm
Cost: £20 per person
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £40 per person
Location: Zoom virtual classroom
Details of how to join the meeting will be emailed out approximately 2 hours before the meeting.
If you have never used Zoom before there is a useful online guide to it here.
You must book a place through our website. Please add the email address you would like the Zoom invite sent to.
*Places on the session are limited; we will open up further dates if there is the demand. To register your interest in future sessions please contact email@example.com
We accept bookings using the following payment methods:
• Online using debit/credit card or Paypal account
The quickest and easiest way to book places is to book and pay instantly online using the online booking system in the green box below. Select "Card/Paypal" for this option. Payment can be made by debit or credit card, or through your Paypal account if you have one. Your booking will then be confirmed immediately by email.
• Online followed by BACS
If you prefer to pay by BACS, you can provisionally reserve your place online by selecting "BACS / Cheque" on the payment screen. You then need to either make a BACS payment using the details in the reservation email we send you. Unfortunately we are not able to accept cheques at this time. Once we've received your payment we will con-firm your place by email.
You can download our payment and cancellation terms and conditions here.