This introductory session explores the considerations and steps required to plan your approach to ask for support from a business (also known as corporate fundraising).
Various methods, including group exercises and case studies, will be used to explore the principles and skills needed to "make the ask".
Guest speaker Michelle Dickinson, Head of Philanthropy at South Yorkshire’s Community Foundation, will attend the day and share her experiences of ‘making the ask’ and building relationships with businesses.
So how does it work?
• The session will use Zoom to create a virtual classroom, where presentations and group interactive exercises will take place, just like they do in a traditional classroom
• There will be time to work independently to reflect on the learning in terms of your organisation
• The learning will culminate in participants delivering a 2-minute pitch at the end of the session
• There is even time scheduled for lunch and coffee breaks!
This session will help you:
• Explore the principles and techniques for approaching a business
• Consider mutual benefit, motivations and expectations from both sides
• Find out what a business needs to know about you
• Begin preparing your approach and shaping your ask.
Date: Wednesday 15th July 2020
Time: 10:00 - 3:30
Cost: £20.00 per person (reduced rate)
Statutory Body/Individual Consultants: £40.00 (reduced rate)
Venue: Zoom virtual classroom
Details of how to join the meeting will be emailed out approximately 2 hours before the meeting.
If you have never used Zoom before there is a useful online guide to it here.
You must book a place through our website. Please register with the email address you would like the Zoom invitation sent to.
*Places on the session are limited; we will open up further dates if there is the demand. To register your interest in future sessions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept bookings using the following payment methods:
• Online using debit/credit card or Paypal account
The quickest and easiest way to book places is to book and pay instantly online using the online booking system in the green box below. Select "Card/Paypal" for this option. Payment can be made by debit or credit card, or through your Paypal account if you have one. Your booking will then be confirmed immediately by email.
• Online followed by BACS
If you prefer to pay by BACS, you can provisionally reserve your place online by selecting "BACS / Cheque" on the payment screen. You then need to either make a BACS payment using the details in the reservation email we send you. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept cheques at this time. Once we've received your payment, we will confirm your place by email.
You can download our payment and cancellation terms and conditions here.